AOL Mail is a free web email service introduced by AOL in 1993 which is also known as AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) Mail. It is a free service available for everyone to send and receive emails from all around the world. Here are the detailed steps on how to sign up for AOL Mail.
AOL Mail Sign up
- Go to AOL.com. This is the official site. Make sure you enter the correct name.
- Click on the “Sign in/Sign up” button from the column on the left side (as shown in the image below).
- Once you click on that button you will be redirected to the login screen.
Note: Here, most of the users get confused as users can’t locate the signup or create an AOL account button. But the thing here is, you need to click on “Get a free username” button just below the login box.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter username which will be your AOL email id ([email protected])
- Type your password. Always keep your password strong yet easy for you to remember. AOL will show whether your password is strong enough or not while typing your password. As you can see in the image below, password strength is shown, and also the instructions to create a strong one are also given. So, choose accordingly.
- Enter your date of birth. The age bar for AOL sign up is 13yr or above.
- Enter the gender and zip code of your location (country).
- You need to set security question and answer to it. Choose any one question and write it down your answer. This will be used for requesting a new password.
- Enter your mobile number. It is optional so you can skip it if you want to. But through your mobile number, it will be easy to verify your identity.
- Enter any other email address as an alternative email like [email protected] and skip this step if you don’t have one. Providing an alternative email address will help you or can be used to recover your password.
- Enter the characters displayed on the small box screen. You can request for new one if you don’t understand the characters. Just click on reload button.
- Click on “Sign up”.
In 2012, AOL Mail got its new version with few changes in its features and services. Earlier it was a free email-based service but now it contains news updates, entertainments, weather, games, apps and many more.
AOL Mail Login
- Go to the official site of AOl mail and click on the “Sign in /Sign up” button, same as the signup a step above. Or else simply go to myaccount.aol.com
- Type your username or email id and password in the appropriate box.
- Check for the “Remember me” box and click on “Sign in”
Note: “Remember me” means you don’t need to go through the login process in the future (on the same device) as you will directly be connected with your account. It is recommended to check this box if it is your personal desktop you are using otherwise, it’s not a good idea.
Alternate ways to sign in to AOL Mail
There is an alternative way to create and sign in through Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, and Yahoo. You can directly get create with any of these social networking and email services or can connect them once you get sign up with new account.
Steps to get Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and Yahoo.
AOL Mail Sign in with Facebook
- Go to myaccount.aol.com.
- Click on its respective logo sign from which you want to create an AOL account.
- Enter your username or email id and password. Click on “Sign in”
Note: If you are already login to any of these alternatives in another web browser then you just need to accept the request and verify your account to use your info and email address as your id.
Download mobile app for AOL
You can download the AOL mail app on your mobile device and access your mail on the go. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the official site of AOL mail.
- At the upper right corer of the page, you’ll notice this .Don’t click it, just place your mouse pointer over it. A Dropdown menu will appear.
- Click on mobile app from that menu box and you’ll be redirected to the download page. There are many options in the drop down menu. Do go through them if you have spare time. Its more helpful.
- Download the app and enjoy.
Things to know about AOL mail for easy access
- With a single AOL account, you can access services of AOL like AIM, Games, Mobile apps and many others.
- AOL Mail gives you unlimited email storage space.
- Users are allowed 25 MB attachment file in one email.
- If you face any sign up problems then it’s better to get sign up from alternative ways that I have mentioned above.